Thursday, January 29, 2004

Certification

Certification
Thursday, January 29, 2004
6:40:00 PM CST

29 January 2004

Whoo-hoo! Certification! Today got to sleep in and didn't have formation until 0630. Got to sleep in until 0500. Too bad I just stayed up later reading Harry Potter book 2. After formation, went to the chow hall for breakfast. The electric had just went out before we got there, so some got eggs or sh*t on shingle. Couldn't see my hand in front of my face, so I went over and got a yogurt and had a sweet roll with a big glass of milk. Something to hold me over til lunch. Come to find out that a squirrel had chewed through the electric feed.

Over to the base theater for final briefings. Legal, cultural etc. Got out early enough that we went to the Post Exchange food court for lunch. Back to the theater after lunch for final briefings from commander. Received our confirmation of certification that we're ready. We can now drink tonight. We have been restricted since arrival from any alcohol until certification. Just waiting on a manifest and a plane and we will be outta here.

So tonight for dinner, we're going over to the German Club for good beer and real food. The German's have quite a contingent here. They also have a corner of this base for training. So, all of us ITTers are going to get together for a little celebrating. I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow as long as I get the chance. Still waiting on the camera USB cable to arrive. I screwed up and lost it at home before I left last week, so Deb went over to Best Buy and got me one. Should be here today or tomorrow.

Did get over to GI Supply last night, but all the desert boots they had were all beat to hell and back. The sand and heat really take a toll on the heals and rubber. Owen is out on terminal leave from the Army, so he said he still knows people there and he can probably get us some if we want to buy them once we get over to Kuwait or Iraq. We'll see. From what I hear and see, they look really comfortable.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?