Wednesday, January 28, 2004

The Lost Entry - Preparation to Leave

The Lost Entry - Preparation to Leave
Wednesday, January 28, 2004
3:42:00 PM CST
The Lost Entry - Preparation to Leave


The week prior to departure was crazy. I spent most of my time getting files moved from my desktop to the new laptop, getting files ready to send to Deb in AZ. She is going to maintain my financal sanity while in Iraq. Also had to make a shopping list of things needed for the trip. Copied about 50 cd's over to the laptop so that I wouldn't have to carry all those disks with me.

Monday night I spent at a bon voyage party with my old school friends from the MBA program at Rock Bottom. We spent the time drinking wine and beer and ordering everything on the Appetizer list. This is usually a once-a-month thing. Thanks guys. Laura, you and I will have lunch when I get back!

Cayenne went to the vet on Thursday to have her second knee operation. Her first knee operation was in Nov of 2002. Now she had torn her second ACL. The vet advised me that there is a new process if I wanted that would also allow them to repair the problem that had contributed to her injury. Her leg bones come together at a 35 degree angle causing extra stress on the tendons and ligaments. They ended up shaving the bones down so that her bones now meet at a 10 degree or so angle. Although it was more expensive surgery, she walked out on her own from the vet on Friday morning. In 2002, she didn't put any pressure on that leg for about three days.

Friday, Razor went into the vet for surgery to remove an agressive tumor on his right leg. So, we had two dogs down with surgery and stitches. He ended up with an 8 inch cut for a tumor that looked like it was only the size of a quarter. Biopsy was supposed to be in this week today.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?