Friday, January 30, 2004

The Morning After Certification

The Morning After Certification
Friday, January 30, 2004
9:19:00 AM CST

A great time was had by all last night. We had our first alcohol in about a week after confirmation of certification. Basically, today is a down-day for catching up on things. We are in a holding pattern until we're told the plane is arranged and we fly. We ate and drank over at the German Grillstube and it was pretty good. It was mostly full of us Americans, but the beer and the mood were relaxing. It is a weight off of our shoulders after the last week of being poked, prodded, bussed around post.

Here's a good one for you. One of my group members, Lee is from Culpepper and used to work at Swift. When I heard that he lived in Culpepper, I told him that an old Air Force buddy of mine lives in Jeffersonton. He said, "Oh, yeah, what's his name, I may know him." I said Dale Thomas. His jaw hit the floor. He said he worked with Dale for the past 6 years at Swift. Dale and I go back to Tech School at Biloxi. He and I arranged to share a barracks room when we got to our first station out of Keesler at Peterson Field/Cheyenne Mountain. What a small world we live in! I've attached his picture from our gathering last night.

Now I've got to figure out how to get the pictures on this stupid AOL Log so that you all can see them. I've loaded them up and can find them when I look at "You've Got Pictures," but I need to find out how to make them appear with the blog. So if any of you know, send me an email or put up a remark so others can view it and find out. When I first started this blog, when I attached a picture, it appeared with the entry. Now that my blog is longer, the pictures seemed to have disappeared.

Not too much exciting happening yet, but I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Cheers
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?