Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Welcome to El Paso and Fort Bliss

Welcome to El Paso and Fort Bliss
Wednesday, January 28, 2004
3:33:00 PM CST
Welcome to El Paso and Fort Bliss


Saturday January 24th. Would have been Mom's 61st. Happy Birthday Mom.

Flew out to Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas. There is a group of 18 of us from ITT and we spent our first night in a hotel. Sunday we were moved on to base quarters. It was like a Basic Training Nightmare relived. An open bay in a building built in 1932 with bunks and matresses as old with one bathroom to three bays of guys and three shower heads!

Three of my compatriots were on the phone with the Ft Bliss Inn getting rooms and I kindly asked them to count me in. I may have to be in an open-bay environment/tent once I get to Iraq, but I may as well enjoy my last bit of privacy while I can.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?