Friday, January 30, 2004

West and Wewaxation

West and Wewaxation
Friday, January 30, 2004
7:55:00 PM CST

Off day today. Woke up at 0430 on my own and went right back to sleep with no regrets of wasting the day. Woke up again at 0730 and kind of layed there until 0800. Got up and started playing on aol again. I think what I'll do is leave my blog as is and if I'm going to put up pictures, I can link the homepage site to that particular blog for that day. More than one way to skin a cat.

Damned smallpox shot is still itching like hell! It is exactly textbook perfect. Day 3, raised, red around the edges and filled with wonderful pus. Kind of looks like a big mosquito bite or zit ready to pop! The itching comes and goes, but when you start to feel it, you wonder how people who have had smallpox all over their bodies managed not to commit suicide! I can't imagine the pain of a whole-body infection. I am keeping it covered as instructed. Another two weeks and it will be healed. My right arm is finally not hurting any more from all the other shots.

The four of us staying at the Bliss Inn made a trip for lunch out to a sushi place. Great sushi. I was afraid my last sushi lunch was last week at Yamado on Ogden so imagine my pleasure to find some like-minded people to enjoy sushi with!

Also made a trip over to Circuit City to look at DVD's. Bought Fargo and Band of Brothers. Was looking for the group of Audry Hepburn films with Roman Holiday and Breakfast at Tiffany's as well as the Bogart group with Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and a couple of others. Can't help it, but I love the oldies. My very favorites are actually His Girl Friday, Blithe Spirit and Bringing Up Baby. There is also a great old movie with W. C. Fields and Edgar Bergan and Charlie McCarthy about the circus called You Can't Cheat an Honest Man. The ping pong game scene is classic!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?