Sunday, March 28, 2004

Passing Ships and Screaming Eagles

Passing Ships and Screaming Eagles
Sunday, March 28, 2004
11:41:00 PM CST

28 Mar 2004

Dan left with the convoy to Babylon yesterday afternoon. He was only here for about three weeks, but we got along so well, it felt like a year. Funny thing about being a contractor is that you make alot of friends, but you and they all go in and out a revolving door. I know that you can never have enough friends, but oftentimes I'd like to hang out with them and see them for a bit longer. Maybe this is why contractors and old military people can never go anywhere in the world without running into someone they know. No matter what airport I travel, I'm sure to cross paths with someone from my past. All those passing ships on the same small sea.

We've been seeing alot of helecoptor operations over the past month or so. Usually, they are in groups of two or three as they seem to pass overhead and try to buzz the tops of the trees or tops of the tents. I'm going to miss seeing and hearing them when I leave here. Whenever I hear them coming, I can't resist looking up and following them across the sky. Almost like watching eagles and hawks in the mountains back in Colorado.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?