Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Roam

Roam
Wednesday, March 24, 2004
10:40:00 PM CST

The other night, my site supervisor, Phil, came up to me and asked me if I might be interested in a position that might "make better use of my educational background." Keep in mind that I've had several people here say to me, "What the hell are you doing in Tech Control when you have an MBA?" Well, Tech Control has been paying the bills. Second, once you have that TECH tatoo on your forehead, it is difficult for management to look at you seriously as anything but a "techie". Third, So many consulting firms laid-off MBA's in the last two years, it's pretty much a no brainer that jobs are tight if you are trying to find consulting work with a new MBA. Anyway, I asked him what type of responsibilities this position might require. He said that it would deal a lot with QC, ISO9000 and pulling info concerning jobs and responsibilities theater-wide for South West Asia. So I said, "Sure, what the heck. Is this going to be in Doha, Kuwait?" His response, "No, try Doha, Qatar!"

Spoke with the country manager yesterday and I should be leaving Iraq for Qatar in the next couple of weeks. Guess I'll be working with the corporate types now. I'll let you know when I know more.


Roam B52's

I hear a wind, whistling air, whispering in my ear. Boy, mercury shootin' through every degree. Oh, girl dancin' down those dirty and dusty trails. Take it hip to hip, rocket through the wilderness. Around the world the trip begins with a kiss.

Roam if you want to, roam around the world. Roam if you want to, without wings without wheels. Roam if you want to, without anything but the love we feel.

Skip the airstrip for the sunset. Ride the arrow for the target--one. Take a hip to hip, rocket through the wilderness. Around the world the trip begins with a kiss.

Fly the great big sky, see the great big sea. Kick through continents, bustin' boundaries. Take a hip to hip, rocket through the wilderness. Around the world the trip begins with a kiss.

Roam if you want to, roam around the world. Roam if you want to, without wings, without wheels. Roam if you want to, without anything but the love we feel.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?