Friday, April 23, 2004

Back to Routines

Back to Routines
Friday, April 23, 2004
12:00:00 AM CDT

22 April 2004

We got our reprieve from wearing battle rattle yesterday afternoon. I decided that I needed to go out and run again. It's been three weeks and five pounds since I ran last. I'm a bit sore today, but in a good way. Got to see pictures of the SUV hit by the rocket shrapnel. I is pretty much riddled all over with shrapnel and some even went through the engine.

Mail service is back to normal again. I received snail mail while I was gone and again yesterday. The first was an Easter card. My Aunt works at Salem Lutheran Church in Peoria, so I didn't thing anything of the return address on the card. When I opened the card, it was signed all over by the congregation. That was really a thoughtful and pleasant surprise. I'm going to write a thank you card out to them. It is the little things that make such a difference. My sister Deb sent me a nice card and picture from when she, her husband Mark and two of their friends from Chicago went over to Rawhide in Scottsdale, AZ. They were all dressed up in the old western wear.

The Spanish contingent here on Victor have been packing up this week. As promised,they will soon be gone. We have Dominicans and Hondurans on site too, but far fewer than the Spaniards, so I don't know if they are packed or when they will depart.

I've started working on my QC responsibilities yesterday and today. It's been kind of draining since right now I'm feeling like all I'm doing is pissing people off. Old habits die hard and instituting change breeds contempt. I am to identify the requirements needed according to ISO9000 rules and offer assistance and references to make our sites compliant. As it turns out, their idea of my job is different from the reality of the situation. They want me to do everything necessary for them to become compliant. No, no, no! I offer suggestions, assistance, references and such and they do the paperwork end! I guess I'll get better at being a jerk as time goes on. I just haven't developed confidence in the job yet. Once I get Victory going, I think that I will have a routine down that will help me bring the other sites in Iraq into line.

I've been waching the first and second seasons of Will and Grace on DVD at night. Having been in school from 1996 through 2003, I didn't have too much time towatch television. Now that I've got some time, I'm catching up. While I was watching W&G last night, I saw flashes on the tent wall from the outside. As it turned out, it was just a thunderstorm. Alot of lightening and thunder and very little rain.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?