Monday, April 26, 2004

Fabulous Hair, Dahling!

Fabulous Hair, Dahling!
Monday, April 26, 2004
10:14:00 AM CDT

26 Apr 2004

Day off today. You know what that means...laundry. Also ran my errands. I did, in fact, make it over to the TMC. As it turns out, I didn't get my hepatitus shots at Ft. Bliss, so they have started me with Hep A. I was talking to the medical tech and mentioned something about food poisoning. He said that it is pretty unlikely that it was food poisoning. For one they feed some 3,000 people each meal. TMC would have seen hundreds of cases if it was. Second, it sounds local to our shop/area. More than likely, he suggested that it was from poor sanitary habits- ie: not washing hands after using the porta potties then touching door knobs and computer keyboards, etc. Talk about heebie-jeebies! Nasty! (and we ain't talking 'bout Janet Jackson here)

So he said that getting a Hep shot probably isn't a bad idea-especially around here. He also gave me a bottle of Purell. My second Hep A is due in October (six months after first) and I also got my second booster for anthrax, third booster due in four weeks. Feels like I've been punched in the arm, but otherwise, I don't honestly know what all the hoorah is about with this anthrax shot! The anthrax is a funny one though. It masses under you skin in the shot location and feels like a lump under your skin for about five weeks or so before it dissipates.

Ran into a couple of our ITT guys from ISG today. Guess life over in paradise hasn't been a bed of roses. They have been getting alot of gunfire and mortars from the Iraqi village next to them. Food deliveries have become scarce and they have been eating MRE's. Guess we now know why Joe is in Kuwait and living large there. The neighborhood got a little rough for the boss, so he's movin on up to the south-east side (Kuwait) while his troops suffer it out.

At dinner tonight we were discussing the shortages of food and now pop here. All out of Coke-even Haji Coke! Eve was putting that missing commodity in line with her "hair care emergency call" home to her Mom about six weeks ago. "Hello, Mom, it's Eve. You gotta send me some Paul Mitchell, NOW! OMG, it's a hair care emergency!! Yep, and some Britta filters so that I can have descent water to wash my hair in." Sounds like a line from Legally Blonde. In her defense, it has been the only thing that she's asked for from home...and she really didn't ask for Britta filters--just Paul Mitchell products. And you know what? It made a world of difference for her attitude and for her hair. Her hair looks absolutely (three words here) FAB-U-LOUS!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?