Sunday, April 10, 2005

Recontracted

04 April 2005

Well, I did it. I’m still reeling from this whole negotiation process, but I signed a new contract to come back to Camp Victory. In all actuality, that was the easy part. The hard part is still yet to come. You know, how to break it to the “Homefront.”

It all started about three weeks ago. The manager of the one group approached me and asked if I had considered recontracting. I should mention that in considering another year in this “paradise”, paying off my student loans is playing a big part in my decision process here. So I had said yes, but that I would need at least 45 days back home. Gotta be home over the Memorial Day time for personal reasons. You know, your 15 year marker doesn’t pop-up everyday, right?

So after much wrangling, hand-wringing and whatnot, we struck a deal, but…I still needed approval for the Leave Without Pay days since they wanted me to contract starting on my last day of my previous contract. Well, they tried to break me, but my will (for once, I’m such a push-over normally) was stronger! Both sides got what they wanted and we will be better for it.

Now as far as the Homefront goes, that’s another story. I think that personally, I would rather go through a whole week of mortar attacks than have to break the news that I’m coming back here. Just typing this made me have to stop and chew a Tums! Seriously.

As it stands now, I am hopefully leaving to go home on Thursday next and will be home and in my bed on Friday night. I will stay home until the end of May to be back at the crack of June (alright, get your mind out of the gutter!) and start up in a new work area with a new job after that. I have worked with and know all the people at the new job, and it’s with the same company, so really the stress won’t be what one might expect. It is a great opportunity and we are all looking forward to it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?