Saturday, June 10, 2006

CRC - Day 1

30 May 2006

CRC – Day 1

John and I decided to go over to Red Lobster last night for dinner. We both had Margarita’s on the rocks. I got the top shelf but John just got the original. It was like one was my limit. I’ve become such a light-weight drinker. I guess that’s a good thing. I certainly had a good buzz going on when we left the place.

Got back to the room and had date with Mr. Bubble. I miss taking baths when I’m away from home. With only showers at Victory, it is always a pleasure to be able to take a bath and soak the scum off the body. So between the good buzz I had going from the Margarita and the relaxing hot bath, I had a nice mellow evening.

After such a nice sleep the night before, jetlag danced all over me again last night. I fell asleep at 11, but woke up at about 3:30 and was staring at the ceiling. So I switched on the TV and flipped through channels for 90 minutes before deciding on a shower and breakfast at the IHOP. We were getting picked up today at 0700 to turn in issued gear.

It actually went smoother than I thought it would. They took our stuff back in at building 503A, so it was just a matter of them getting themselves organized after the long holiday weekend and we were all done by lunch time.

Tomorrow morning we have a 0400 rendezvous time for medical. We were given the option to opt-out of the medical end of this if we wanted, but with all the history of Gulf War Syndrome and such, maybe it’s better to let them do the TB test and take the blood for storage. We will also be given the opportunity to receive any shots to bring us current if we want. I will probably go ahead and get he next Hep in the series as long as they have it and I’m already there. Otherwise you have to go down to the county health department at home to get it. We have been told that they will hold the blood taken before we deployed along with this blood for ten years as a precaution.

Out of boredom today, I had to find an internet connection. I remembered that Starbuck’s usually have a “hotspot”, so I gave it a look-see today. Woo-hoo! Signed up on T-Mobile’s Hot Spot and checked my mail and read a few blogs over a good cup of coffee. I have felt so disconnected with the world without my internet access. This gave me the chance to send off some email and let everyone know that I’m still around and doing alright.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?